Aussie Rules Skills and Drills
- Introduction to Women's Footy
- Umpire Signals
- Auskick Skills Guide (PDF)
- USAFL Skills Guide (PDF)
- USAFL Training Drills (PDF)
- AFL Skills Videos
- Playing Like a Pro
- Kicking Workshop from 2010 AFL Coaching Clinic
- Kicking Guide for Players
- Kicking Guide for Coaches
- AFL Coaching Style of Play
- AFL Coaching Game Day Coaching
- NY Lady Magpies Orientation Video
- Training Skill Sets
- Pre-training Skill Sets
Off field conditioning for Australian Football should include cardio, strength training, and speed/agility training.
- Tempo Training: 6 weeks to lowering your 2 mile time
- Plyometric Training (Explosiveness)
- Crossfit A great strength and conditioning program that is highly customizable, and provides a forum for people to discuss new training ideas. A really cool site to take a look at for new ideas and for motivation.
- Aussie Rules Football Training Troy Lange, a Melbourne based personal trainer, wants to bring modern footy fitness to the web with his website AussieRulesTraining.blogspot.c
- AFL Community Club Fitness Coaching Australian Football requires motivating players to reach a level of fitness that will get them through the season. Get tips, strategies and worksheets to keep your team in top form.
- Fit Footy A blog that talks about fitness training for footy. Discusses what is good for off-season, pre-season, and in-season training routines. Talks about nutrition, warm-ups, injury prevention, and includes videos of how to perform exercises correctly. This is a very good site in terms of what you can do to train for aussie rules.
- AFL Fitness Fitness articles from the AFL including Preparing for the finals, Maintaining football specific fitness in season, The 10 Commandments of preseason training, and The 'Competition Phase'
- NOT FOUND: 10_things_you_aren
t_doing_but_should_be_to_becom e_a_better_footballer.pdf Troy Lange's report on the 10 most common things that Australian Football players should be doing to become better football players.
- AFL Coaching Edge published twice a year, each Coaching Edge edition contains interviews with significant coaches, skills, drills, information from the AFL High Performance program, research-based information and a range of views about football and coaching.
- The Coach Official AFL Level 1 Coaching Manual provides standards and guidelines for conduct, tactics, injury prevention, training and more.